Are you short on time and only able to visit Turks and Caicos on a long weekend? I know the feeling! Though spending one week on this unspoiled and fantastic tropical archipelago is the dream, you can still escape from the office for a few days, find plenty to do, and create unforgettable memories here. Does it sound interesting? Then continue reading for a 3-day itinerary to Providenciales, Turks and Caicos.
Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Itinerary – Day 1
Kick off your Turks and Caicos itinerary by checking out the most famous beach – Grace Bay. Spend your morning here admiring the ocean, swimming, and relaxing.
When it’s lunchtime, head over to Cocovan Airstream Lounge. Here, order the fried fish tacos or the fried chicken sandwich and (why not?) a few drinks.
In the afternoon, grab your rental car and make your way to Long Bay Beach, an extensive 3-mile beach with powdery white sand and pristine waters.
At night, indulge in an elegant dinner at Infiniti Restaurant & Raw Bar, an oceanfront restaurant with a gorgeous setting (reservation is recommended).
Summary Day 1
- Grace Bay Beach
- Lunch at Cocovan Airstream Lounge
- Long Bay Beach
- Dinner at Infiniti Restaurant & Raw Bar
This post may contain affiliate links. By purchasing through these links, I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Itinerary – Day 2
Start the second day of your Turks and Caicos itinerary by jumping into the car and heading west to Sapodilla Bay Beach. You will spend your morning in this stunning bay of clear water and fluffy white sand.
Stop for lunch at Las Brisas, a restaurant with a vast menu and unbeatable views of Chalk Sound National Park. After lunch, you can rent a kayak or stand-up paddle to explore the shallow, transparent lagoons of the park.
Later, a short drive from Las Brisas takes you to Taylor Bay Beach, a small, rugged beach and one of the most beautiful beaches in the Turks and Caicos Islands. Pass the rest of the afternoon in Taylor Bay’s waveless sea.
For dinner, go to the exact same location of Cocovan Airstream Lounge, but instead, visit its sister restaurant – Coco Bistro.
Summary day 2
- Sapodilla Bay Beach
- Lunch at Las Brisas
- Chalk Sound National Park
- Taylor Bay Beach
- Dinner at Coco Bistro
Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Itinerary – Day 3
On the third day of your Turks and Caicos itinerary, a short drive from Grace Bay will take you to The Bight Beach, an extensive sandy beach with kaleidoscopic blue water. The Bight is one of the best spots for snorkeling in Providenciales, so bring your gear to check out the corals and sea life. Even if you don’t snorkel, the water and surrounding beach provide excellent relaxation.
For lunch, head on over to Somewhere Café for delicious fish tacos and burgers. Once replenished, enjoy the stretch of water in front of the restaurant – that’s where The Bight Reef is.
End the day with a sunset early dinner at Da Conch Shack, the go-to restaurant in Providenciales for ordering the various dishes with conch – a specialty in Turks and Caicos.
Summary Day 3
- The Bight Beach
- Lunch at Somewhere Café
- The Bight Reef
- Dinner at Da Conch Shack (for sunset)
Tips for your Providenciales, Turks and Caicos, Itinerary
- Entry requirements: Turks and Caicos offers visa exceptions to visitors from various countries, including the US and European Union ones, for stays up to 90 days. When visiting the country, every traveler needs to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Travel Insurance: My recommended platform for searching for the best option amongst travel insurance companies is SquareMouth. It allows travelers to instantly purchase a travel insurance policy from every major provider in the US, and it also makes clear each policy’s COVID-related coverage.
- Electricity: The voltage in Turks and Caicos is 120 V, and the power plugs and sockets are type A (the same as the US).
- Currency: The currency used in Turks and Caicos is the US dollar.
- Best time to visit Turks and Caicos: the best time of the year to visit Turks and Caicos is between December and May.
- Transportation in Turks and Caicos: the best way to get around Providenciales is by car, so you can explore the island at your convenience. Plan on having a rental car as soon as you arrive at the airport. The best way to do so is by renting a car when planning your trip. I personally use RentalCars for my car rental needs, and it’s the company I recommend.
- Best tours in Turks and Caicos: below are some of the best tours in Turks and Caicos are:
Where to stay in Providenciales (the best hotels and villas on the island)
I recommend booking your hotels on Booking.com to get the best rate and other perks such as genius discounts and free cancellation if your plans change.
Expedia is also a great place to find hotel deals and unique stays, and Vrbo can give lots of options for rental villas.
One of the best places to stay in Providenciales is Grace Bay, because of its easy access, proximity to the best beaches, and access to restaurants. However, Taylor Bay Beach is also a good alternative as it’s off-the-beaten-path for the many travelers arriving on the island. If this is your second trip to Providenciales, consider staying in Long Beach.
Best Hotels in Providenciales
- Grace Bay Club: One of the best hotels on the island, this beachfront hotel has 3 pools, a spa, and a tennis court. Here, you’ll be able to wake up for a walk on Grace Bay Beach and then have drinks and food at the on-site restaurant that is one best in Providenciales – the Infiniti Restaurant & Raw Bar.
- The Oasis at Grace Bay: A no-thrills and the best bang for your buck hotel in Grace Bay. This small 3-star hotel features two swimming pools, spacious rooms with a balcony, and a great location. It’s within a 5-minute walk to the beach and close to the many restaurants of Grace Bay (Cocovan and Coco Bistro are within walking distance). The hotel also has complimentary bicycles and, if you don’t want to walk, they also offer a golf cart service to take you to the beach where you can use their chairs and umbrellas free of charge. Read a full review about The Oasis at Grace Bay.
- H2O Lifestyle Resort: H2O is set in front of Long Bay Beach, one of the best beaches to visit in Providenciales. The location is perfect for water sports and one of the favorites for kitesurfing on the island. When not enjoying H2O’s stunning pools, sit at their sun loungers by the beach to soak in the uninterrupted views of the ocean.
- The Shore Club: a fantastic property in Long Bay Beach; at The Shore Club, the rooms’ designs are a breath of fresh air where the white and turquoise blend perfectly with the surroundings. Additionally, here you’ll have a private tennis court, 4 restaurants, 5 bars, and 4 pools
Best Rental Villas in Providenciales
- Windchaser Villa: going to Turks and Caicos with family or group? Then consider staying in this magnificent luxury villa with 4 bedrooms located within a short, 3-minute walk from Long Bay Beach. This modern property has the best amenities, such as a fully equipped kitchen, grill, and outdoor pool.
- Taylor Bay Villa: a gorgeous 2-story villa with pool located in Taylor Bay, one of Providenciales’ most stunning and unspoiled beaches. Wake up with the beach at your door and make use of the kayak and paddleboard offered for guests.
- Crystal Sands Villa: this 2-bedroom beachfront villa features ocean view rooms, a complete kitchen, an extensive pool, and sun loungers by the beach. By staying here, you’ll be in Sapodilla Bay, one of the most stunning places on the island.
- Villa Amalfi: a romantic villa for two at the end of the cove of Sapodilla. Here you’ll have a large pool with a patio and will be just a few steps from the beach and its crystal-clear water and soft sand.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE TO READ